We have a set of an all embracing principles that underpin
the delivery of our customer service to you. In providing
this service Muwasco will:
- Be responsive – We undertake to resolve all reported customer complaints and communicate to you upon resolution of the complaints. We commit to communicate all service interruption whenever they arise.
- Be accountable – We will be open and accountable and always measure our performance and seek customer feedback. We have developed and aligned our integrated performance metrics with water services regulatory board’s Key performance indicators in order to enhance
our service delivery.
- Be consultative – We commit to establishing forums
of stakeholder engagement in order to foster a
coordinated and integrated approach to the delivery of
our service. All feedback received will be highly regarded
and will inform our strategic direction.
- Strive for continuous improvement
- We will strive to continuously improve the service we
provide to you. We will be innovative in designing new
and progressive ways communication, meter reading,
billing, disconnection and all other technical operations
- Communication – We will ensure that all service
information is easily accessible in all our official channels.
We shall continue enlightening our customers how to
access information about our services.
CUSTOMER SERVICE STANDARDS
We aim to provide a consistent and reliable service. Across the
organization, we are committed to:
- Providing accurate and helpful information.
- Answering phone calls and emails as soon as possible.
- If we are unable to address your need promptly, we will take
your contact details and ensure that your enquiry or complaint
is acknowledged within 24 hrs and aim to provide timely
updates on the progress of the issue until it is resolved. We
shall communicate as well on an issue that will require escalation
and or cannot be resolved by us.
- Some enquiries may be more complex than others. In these
cases, we will notify you if there is a delay in delivering on our
That all customers (a customer is defined as any water or sanitation service consumer who has legal connection) shall :
- Pay water bills within 14 days from the day the bill was sent, failure which the account shall be liable for
disconnection and will attract a penalty of Ksh. 500.
- Pay a refundable water deposit of an amount dependent on the class of water supply at the rate prevailing at
the time of application.
- That the customer shall undertake to report to the company all illegal activities affecting service delivery.
- That the kiosk operators shall apply water resale rates approved by the company from time to time.
- That the Managing Director shall be the final authority on the orientation of service lines from the main
- That the company shall not be held liable for any loss or damage caused by plumbers not registered by
the company or any company employee retained in the private capacity on any line without the express written
authority of the Managing Director.
- That all meters shall be under the care and custody of the customer who shall be liable for replacement cost in
case of loss or damage thereto.
- That the postal ,physical addresses and cellphone number given on the application forms shall be used for all
correspondences unless otherwise priory changed in writing.
- That all payments shall be made to the company’s accounts designated by the company and receipts issued.
- All accounts rendered should be verified for correctness upon and any errors detected should be reported
within 90 days.
- In the event of any dispute on the bill due to accuracy of the meter a test shall be carried out using a test meter
and if the measured volume is found to be within 2% of the registered volume, the disputed volumes will be
accepted as correct.
- That the customer shall not install booster pumps directly onto the water service lines.